This document is current as of May 11th. Please check here for up-to-the-minute updates and important announcements.
Parking and Entrance:
- Graduate check-in is at 7:30 a.m. Make sure to allow time for parking and getting to the GATE A entrance. Early is better than late!
- Parking is located at LOT K. There is no fee for parking.
- You are required to wear a face covering upon exiting your vehicle.
- Graduate entrance is located at GATE A.
- Graduates must be at the graduate check-in area by 7:30 a.m.
- Graduates should arrive robed. If applicable, wear your stole(s).
- Food and beverage (other than water) are not permitted in the stadium.
- No bags are allowed. Wallets/clutches 4.5” x 6.5” or smaller are permitted.
- Water will be provided to the graduates.
- Check-in at GATE A and pick up your pronunciation card. Hold on to your card. You will give that card to one of the Grand Marshals during diploma distribution.
- The graduate processional line assembly will begin at 8:20 a.m. and will be organized alphabetically by LL.M. and J.D. programs. Staff will be available to assist you with robing and assembly line.
- All belongings will need to remain with you at all times. Graduates will not return to the check-in area after the event. It is suggested that you leave your personal belongings with your family members. Any items left behind will be turned in to the Rose Bowl lost and found.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude by 11:00 a.m.
- At the beginning of the ceremony, the faculty processional line will walk into the stadium field first, followed by the graduates. Staff members will be located on the field to direct grads where to sit. The chairs are placed six (6) ft. apart from each other and should not be moved.
- Commencement Programs and mock diplomas will be placed on each graduate’s chair.
- During diploma distribution:
- A staff member will indicate to graduates when it is time to proceed to the stage. Procession will occur by row. When the graduate to your right stands, please stand and proceed to the stage while maintaining a six (6) ft. distance from the graduate in front of you.
- Make sure to bring your pronunciation card AND mock diploma to the stage.
- When it is your turn for your name to be called, you will hand the name card to one of the Grand Marshals. You will then proceed to the middle of the stage to take a photo with the Dean with your mock diploma. Then you will proceed to another photo area for another photo with the mock diploma. Then proceed back to your chair.
* Graduates must keep their mask on during diploma distribution and when taking the photo with the Dean at the center of the stage. Masks may be removed at the second photo location when it is your turn to take the photo. Masks must be worn when walking back to the seating area.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, please remain in your seat until your row has been asked to stand, by a staff member. The recessional line will walk back to Tunnel 28A and exit out of the stadium. Graduates should plan to meet with their friends and family outside the stadium entrances.
FRIENDS AND FAMILIES
Parking and Entrance/Exit:
- Parking is located at LOT K and will open at 7:45 a.m. There is no fee for parking.
- A shuttle cart will be available for ADA guests requiring assistance from the parking lot to the entrance gate.
- A face covering is required upon exiting your vehicle.
- Guest entrance is located at GATE F. Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- The gate entrance will open at 8:00 a.m. Guest should allow time for parking and getting to the GATE F entrance.
- Tailgating and congregating in the parking lot is not permitted.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, guests must exit at GATE F. Guests should plan to meet with their graduate outside the stadium entrances.
- All guests must leave immediately after the ceremony. Vehicles left in the parking lot longer than 30 minutes after the conclusion of the event, will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Graduates may each invite up to eight (8) guests
- Each group of four (4) guests will use ONE code at the front gate to enter the venue. Any attempt to use the same code by a different guest/group will signal an error code and they will not gain entry.
- Only guests who have pre-registered through the ticketing system will be allowed to enter the venue.
- Each group of four (4) guests must enter at the same time. No exceptions will be made so please plan accordingly.
- Tickets should be ready on phone devices in advance as it is mobile/digital entry only.
What is and what is not permitted in venue:
- Flowers for the graduates are permitted but all other gifts are not allowed in the venue.
- Balloons and air-horns, noise makers, including vuvuzelas, whistles, speakers, boom boxes, thunder sticks, and musical instruments are not permitted.
- Outside food/beverages with the exception of two (2) 16.9 oz. sealed bottles of water per attendee will not be allowed.
- Water will be available for purchase near the entrance.
- You may bring a stroller, however, stroller storage is not permitted in aisles or under seats and guests must check strollers at guest services.
- No bags/clutches larger than 4.5" x 6.5".
- Diaper bags accompanied by an infant are permitted.
- No umbrellas
- No weapons or projectiles
- No animals
- No banners, signs, flags, poles or sticks
- No drones
- No coolers
- No cans, bottles, or alcoholic beverages
- No boxes or wrapped packages
- No unauthorized cameras with lenses longer than 3.5", interchangeable or telephoto lenses
- No laser pointers
- No fireworks, firecrackers, or confetti poppers
- Commencement Programs will be available at the entrance and digitally online
- Guests must sit at their assigned pods/seats, and should be seated by 8:50 a.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude by 11:00 a.m.
- Guests must remain in their seat throughout the duration of the ceremony except to use the restroom, order concessions, or in the event of an emergency.
- A face covering is required at all times for anyone two years old or older.
- Graduates and guests should not attend the ceremony if sick, or if there has been any exposure to a person who has COVID-19 or if they are in the same household as a person with COVID-19.
- All people present must wear face masks at all times. The face mask must cover the mouth and nose.
- All attendees two (2) years of age or older are required to wear face coverings or masks at all times, except when actively drinking in their assigned ticketed seats.
- Neck gaiters, bandanas, and masks with ventilation are not permitted.
- Face coverings should fully cover your mouth and nose and fit snugly against the sides of your face so there are no gaps.
- Face coverings should be worn upon exiting your vehicle.
- All guests must adhere to the CADPH Guidance for Face Coverings.
- All people present must adhere to personal prevention actions including:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Wash your hands at a minimum before meals, after using the restroom, and after coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your elbow (not your hands).
- Do not touch your mouth, eyes, or nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick. Avoid sharing items such as phones or other devices. If devices must be shared be sure to wipe them down with a disinfectant wipe before and after sharing.
- Constantly observe distances in relation to other individuals. Always maintain the recommended minimum six (6) feet of separation from individuals outside of your immediate household.